Welcome to the 2022 True Independent Holdings Retreat
Below you will find all the information you need for the upcoming retreat in St. Louis. If you have additional questions, please reach out to your designated company contact.
True Media – Allie Freeman
Coegi – Savannah Westbrock
RADaR – Jordan Barton
Logistics & Some FAQs
The Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch serves as both the hotel for those from out of town and for the retreat itself.
Check-in: Incidentals will be the responsibility of the guest. A personal credit card will be required to check-in to your hotel room for those incidentals. Hotel check-in time is 4pm the day of your reservation, however, you are welcome to stop by the Hotel front desk earlier to see if your room is ready prior to 4pm.
Should your room NOT be ready, your name and phone number will be placed in an automated Queue and your luggage will be stored by the Hyatt staff in a storage room. When your room is ready, you will be checked-in automatically and sent a text message alerting you that your room is ready. Once you receive the automated message confirming you have been checked-in, you can visit the front desk at your leisure to receive your room keys and luggage.
A Storage room will also be available adjacent to the TIH conference rooms should you be unable to check your luggage with the Front Desk prior to 9am. This room will remain locked at all times, please check in at the Registration Desk should you need to store your luggage.
If you have any questions about your room assignment, please contact Allie Freeman.
Uber or cabs should be used to get to the Hyatt Regency at the Arch. There is no hotel shuttle available. Consolidate with those on your same flight or that you know are arriving at a similar time.
Overnight Hotel Guest/Out of Town Carpool Parking
For those who have driven and will be parking their vehicle in the Hyatt Regency parking garage during and are staying at the Hyatt overnight, the charge for overnight parking will be applied to your hotel room invoice. Upon Check-in, communicate with the Front Desk staff that you will have a vehicle parked at the Garage during your stay. This will ensure the parking Garage fee is shown on your Hotel Room Invoice.
Daily Carpooling & Individual Parking
For those individuals driving to the Hyatt each day, there will be a discounted day rate of $25.00 per day at the Hyatt Regency Garage. As you enter the parking garage you will take a ticket from the parking meter. Once inside, visit the Registration table for a Parking Pass. This pass will be used when you exit the parking garage to receive the discounted parking rate. The passes are labeled for each day, so you will need to receive a new parking pass each day you drive to the Hyatt and park.
Additional Downtown Parking
Mansion House Garage – Garage 11 on Downtown Map
Located directly behind Hyatt at 330 N. 4th St.
- Hours: 24 Hours per Day
- Cost: $1 first 20 minutes, $1 for each additional 30 minutes; $16 daily maximum
- Enter on Fourth Street
- No in/out privileges. Rates subject to change during special events and cannot be billed to the guestroom.
- Please note: Mansion House garage has a 6’2″ clearance.
- Contact information: (314) 621-8723 stlouisparking.com
Kiener East Garage – Garage 8 on Downtown Map
Located at 500 Pine St.
- Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Rates: Overnight | $20
- $2 every 30 minutes; $20 daily maximum; $6 AM Special (in 5a-9a, out before 6p); Events as posted
- No in/out privileges. Rates subject to change during special events and cannot be billed to
- Please note: Kiener East Garage has a 6’10” clearance.
- Contact information: (314) 421-2613 STLiparkit@intpark.com
Stadium East Garage – Garage 17 on Downtown Map
Located at 200S Broadway, St. Louis, MO 63102
- Rates: $9.00 for 5 hours
- Vehicle height clearance of 6’8”.
- Pre-purchase parking with no validation required: www.iparkit.com/TheArch
IT & Wireless
Wireless Internet will be available through the Hyatt Regency. Client and email work should be reserved for scheduled email breaks during the conference. Should an urgent matter arise, the Sterling 7 Room is available for staff to use as an office on Monday & Tuesday.
Attendees, don’t forget your chargers or input devices! Presenters, please ensure you have the correct adapter for your computer to connect to the room projector. All projectors use HDMI connections.
Wifi Network: @Hyatt_Meetings
Wifi Password: tihretreat
Staff Work Space
Should you need to step away from the Conference at any point to address a client or work related need, Sterling 7 at the Hyatt Regency will be available Monday, 9/26 & Tuesday, 9/27.
Weather in St. Louis often varies and can change day to day. Remember to pack an umbrella as we will be walking between venues.
Temperatures within Hotels & Convention Centers can often vary. Dressing in layers is encouraged due to differences in temperature.
Some clients may be in attendance for the TIH Retreat on Monday. Business Casual attire is suggested for the TIH Retreat. Athleisure and distressed/worn clothing is discouraged. However, nice jeans are ok.
Employees that consume alcohol during this time are expected to limit their consumption, remain professional, and drive responsibly.
As a general rule, once you arrive at the retreat, all meals, events, and drink tickets are provided by True Independent Holdings. The company will not pay for additional meals, coffee, snacks, drinks, Uber, or other incidentals during the retreat outside of what is included on the agenda. Company cards should not be used for those items and expense reimbursements should not be requested for those items.
Monday 9/26 Meals
Breakfast: Hyatt at the Arch
- Seasonal Sliced Fruit Display (V)
- Chef’s Fresh Pastry Selection (V)
- Scrambled Eggs & Bacon
- Coffee and Tazo Tea Service
- Selection of Fruit Juices
Lunch: Hyatt at the Arch
- Salad with Tomato, Charred Corn, Red Onions Avocado and Cumin/Lime Vinaigrette (V, DF)
- Chipotle Caesar Salad with Crouton and Parmesan Cheese
- Wild Mushroom Ravioli with Goat Cheese and Olive Oil Marinated Tomatoes (V)
- Brown Rice with Herb and Garlic Roasted Baby Carrots (Vegan)
- DIY Tacos/Burritos:
- Mole Chicken with Pickled Radish Relish
- Grilled Chimichurri Flank Steak
- Charred Bell Peppers & Onions
- Tomato Cilantro Rice
- Flour Tortillas
- Tortilla Chips with Charred Tomato Salsa, Sour Cream, Guacamole and Queso
- Key Lime Cheesecake
- Coffee and Hot Tea Selection, Soft Drinks
Dinner: Riverboat Cruise
- Toasted Meat Ravioli with Marinara Sauce
- Bacon & Cheese Potato Skins
- Bruschetta (DF & V)
- Assorted Fresh Fruit Tray (DF, GF & V)
- Crudite and Hummus Tray (DF, GF, & V)
Tuesday 9/27 Meals
Breakfast: Hyatt at the Arch
- Seasonal Sliced Fruit Display (V)
- Assortment of Muffins, Danish and and Croissants
- Scrambled Eggs & Sausage
- Coffee and Tazo Tea Service
- Selection of Fruit Juices
Lunch: Hyatt at the Arch
- Artichoke, Roasted Pepper and Chickpea Tagine with Olives and Preserved Lemons (V, Vegan)
- Potato Salad with Pickled Shallots and Dijon Mustard
- Red Cabbage and Broccoli Slaw
- Pulled Pork, Chicken with Homemade Barbeque Sauce and Brioche Buns
- Baked Beans with Burnt Ends
- Green Beans and Bacon
- Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread with Whipped Butter
- Apple Cobbler, Coffee and Hot Tea Selection
- Soft Drinks
Dinner: Start Bar
- Assorted Hawaiian Roll Sliders: Burger Sliders (DF), Cheeseburger sliders, Mushroom Swiss sliders and Bacon Cheddar sliders. Individually wrapped. Ketchup, Mustard and pickles for toppings
- Pulled Pork Sliders (DF)
- Pretzels and Cheese Sauce: Bavarian Pretzels with House made Jalapeno Cheese Sauce (V)
- Nacho Bar: Build your own Nacho Bar with Pulled Roasted Chicken and Corn Tortilla Chips, Toppings include: Pico de Gallo, Black Bean Salsa, Sour Cream and Roasted Salsa. (V (without Chicken), GF)
- Assorted Pizza: variety of Cheese Pizza (V), One topping Meat Pizzas and Specialty Pizzas
- Garden Salad (No Cheese) with an assortment of dressings
Wednesday 9/28 Meals
A $15.00 credit for all TIH staff has been made available at the Starbucks located on the first floor of the Hyatt Regency at the Arch. Employees will be responsible for the difference should your total go over $15.00.
Full Session Descriptions
Monday 9/26 | 9:00am-10:30am | Regency C
Welcome: State of the Companies Address with Jack Miller
Monday 9/26 | 1:00pm-1:30pm | Regency C
Innovative Media Work Showcase with Michelle Benson
Monday 9/26 | 1:30pm-3:45pm | Regency C
The Digital Explosion: Opportunities & Challenges with Tim Frank Andersen
Monday 9/26 | 4:00pm-5:00pm | Regency C
Customer Q&A moderated by Sean Cotton, featuring Josh Redel (Central Bank), Laura Schemel (University of Missouri Healthcare), and Samantha Dearborn (Athene)
Tuesday 9/27 | 9:00am-10:30am | Regency C
Creating Super Fans with Brittany Hodak
Tuesday 9/27 | 2:30pm-3:30pm | Regency C
Thinking Strategically, Not Just Tactically with Rhonda Meier, Ryan Green, and Michelle Menard
Tuesday 9/27 | 3:30pm-5:00pm | Regency C
Being Intentional With Customers: Adding Value Isn’t Enough with Chad Carden
Break Out Session Descriptions
Monday 9/26 | 10:30am-12:00pm | Account Service Panel
Client Facing | Regency C
Led By: Chris Actis, Shana Raines, Becky Willis, Charley Howe
The Four Pillars of a Successful Client Relationship: Client relationships are not much different than personal relationships. They require clear and open communication, an established level of trust and respect for all involved, mutually beneficial value (e.g. what am I getting out of this), and time (to nurture).
In this presentation, we will take a look at 4 pillars that we believe are essential to establishing and maintaining successful client relationships.
- True Media attendees: Client Strategy, Project Management
- RADaR attendees: Client Strategy
- Coegi attendees: Account Strategy, Business Development, Account Managers
- TIH attendees: all
Internal Support | Regency A
Led By: Patricia Branson, Candice Rotter, Dan Couch, Ara Clark
Just like the end credits to a Marvel movie, it takes a lot of people behind the scenes to bring client work to life. We’ll focus on three main areas for internal team members to focus on and embrace in their role in client success and satisfaction — owning your story, problem solving, and communication.
- True Media attendees: Activation Strategy, Performance Media, Spot Activation, Campaign Operations, Finance
- RADaR attendees: Data Analysts and Developers
- Coegi attendees: Marketing (Lindsey & Allie), Project Managers, All of Operations
Tuesday 9/27 | 11:00am-12:00pm & 1:00pm-2:00pm | Knowledge Builder Sessions
Attribution and Incrementality | Regency B
Led By: Renato Rodriques, Katie Kluba, Anna Rice
What does attribution really mean and how can you start incorporating it into your campaign strategy? We’ll discuss the foundations of attribution modeling, how and where to use incrementality, and how this all ties into providing success to clients – plus we’ll show real client examples!
Don’t Be Scared of Performance Media | Sterling 3
Led By: Nisha Chandrashekar, Kevin Haines, Monica Herschelman
Join us to break down how to build an effective strategy with confidence, collaboration and as easy as building an airplane. We will answer and address these questions and topics: Where does Performance Media Fit within the Digital Ecosystem, Full Funnel Omni-Channel Strategy Planning & Execution, Measurement beyond CPA, Testing, Trial, and Learning from Failures.
Deep Dive on Tracking | Regency C
Led By: James Hacker, Phuong Ta, Jacob Amann
Discuss and immerse yourself in the importance of tracking media performance across the entire lifetime of a campaign, from planning to implementation to reporting. You’ll walk away with understanding the roles of agency, client, creative, ad server, publisher website, etc. and all the places where tracking can succeed or fail.
Understanding The Cookieless Future | Sterling 2
Led By: Tony Cortese, The Trade Desk
The digital advertising ecosystem has significantly relied on cookie-based technology for the last 20 years to target specific audiences and measure campaign results. The deprecation of cookie technology will present new challenges to digital media planning, optimization and measurement. Already approximately 50% of online users cannot be targeted or tracked through cookies due to the privacy frameworks of Apple and other industry browsers. This session will address how media planners can holistically plan to reach and measure audiences in the cookieless environment.
Spreadsheet Skills That Kill | Regency A
Led By: Sam Meinders, Claire Phan, Tim Abrahamson
Are you spending more time sifting through your data than analyzing it? When you set up pivot tables does it feel like you’re trying to get a hardback two-seater to make a 360 turn around a fixed corner? Fear Not. In this session, we’ll dig into different lookup tools and pivot table capabilities to help you better navigate, organize and sort your data. We’ll explore functionalities at various levels of depth. So, everyone from beginners to almost experts will benefit from this session.
Ballys @ Ballpark Village
601 Clark Ave, St. Louis, MO 63102
- 6:30pm – 8:00pm
Heavy appetizers & drinks will be provided
*Several tables will be reserved for TIH and wristbands will be provided to staff as you arrive to let the Ballpark Village staff know you are with the TIH Group.
50 S. Leonor K Sullivan Blvd, St. Louis, MO
- Event: 6:00pm – 10:00pm
- Boarding Time: 6:00pm – 6:30pm
- On Water: 6:30pm – 9:00pm
- Docked: 9:00pm – 10:00pm
*NOTE: The Riverboat will leave dock at 6:30pm, please ensure you arrive prior to 6:30pm.
Each Staff member will be provided with 2 Drink tickets that cover certain beverages while on the Riverboat Cruise. There will be a DJ and Karaoke onsite – find your signature song here!
The quickest route from the Hyatt Regency at the Arch, to the Downtown Riverboat levee is through the St. Louis Arch park grounds. Please ensure you always walk to and from the hotel in groups.
Groups will be leaving the Hyatt Regency to go to the Riverboat at 5:45pm & 6:10pm. Meet at these times in the Hyatt Regency first floor lobby.
Security on the St. Louis Arch park grounds and along the levee have been made aware that our group will be walking through the arch grounds before and after the event.
1000 Spruce Street, St. Louis, MO 63102
- 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Each Staff member will be provided with 2 drink tickets that cover certain beverages upon arrival. Heavy appetizers will be provided throughout the evening.
Whether you’re more of an 8-bit gamer or a pinballer, we have a collection of games sure to keep you entertained throughout the night. It’s a healthy mix of old and new, so you can show off your skills in a variety of ways. You’ll always find a something new, from classic arcade cabinets, new takes on the originals, authentic skeeball, tournament-ready pinball and the always classic N64.
Free game play is provided from 6:00pm – 10:00pm.
Beginning at 7:30pm through 10:30pm continuous shuttle transportation will be provided between Start Bar and the Hyatt Regency at the Arch.