With more than 60 speakers, 50 breakout sessions & hours of networking, this conference is arguably the largest digital marketing conference in the Midwest. Returning to the office on Thursday, the team was tired & facing full inboxes but armed with lots of new knowledge!
In the coming weeks, we will be posting more blog posts sharing a deeper dive into some of our favorite sessions of the conference. So be sure to stay tuned! But for now, we want to give you a sneak peek. Here are some bite-sized nuggets of information that we learned.
- 1.3 billion people use Facebook Messenger, and 56% of people would prefer to message a brand than call customer service
- 67% of consumers use social media for customer service purposes such as reaching out to brands when there is an issue with an item
- 52% of consumers, online and offline, are making purchasing decisions because they are influenced by Facebook, in some way
- According to Videology, online video marketing plans receive a 50% lift in conversions when traditional television is added to the media mix
- 92% of video consumption is made with traditional TV viewing, but 80% of all targeting data is applied to online video
- Currently the Artificial Intelligence market is $8 billion. By 2020 it’s projected to be $47 billion.
From artificial intelligence and machine learning to the importance of a cohesive digital + traditional media strategy, so many great topics were covered. MDMC was a great experience and the True Crew is already excited for next year!
Christina Conley, Sydney Ungerott, Shelby Muff, and David Wallace